Women's Self Defense!
See a recent news story on Women's Self Defense with professor Chamberlain on CW33 News!
Dallas police are offering a free home security survey to Lake Highlands residents who want advice about how to harden their homes to prevent intruders. Call 214-671-0155 or 214-671-0160 to schedule an appointment.
Self Defense Seminar for the Sorority Girls of UTA - September, 2011
Self Defense Program Information
Chamberlain Studios of Self Defense is committed to providing people with the skills they need to remain safe in today's modern world. Since 1981, our instructors have offered complete training seminars starting with introductory 2-3 hour sessions all the way to specialized 4-6 week programs. Our scheduled sessions at the Dallas Headquarters School are in January and just before school ends in May of each year. In addition, we have other opportunities for training (some free of charge) that come up during the year in conjunction with private groups and these are frequently open to the public. Further dates and information is available through our newsletter, for which you can sign up below.
Self-defense is a set of awareness, assertiveness, verbal confrontation skills, safety strategies, and physical techniques that enable someone to successfully prevent, escape, resist and survive violent assaults. A good self-defense course provides psychological awareness and verbal skills, not just physical training.
Self-Defense is more than knowing how to fight back against a physical attack. Participation in self-defense classes encourages you to think in terms of options and choices, develops your awareness and assertiveness skills and provides practice for physical self-defense techniques. A good self-defense class will expand the way you think about violence prevention, help you deal with your fears and enable you to feel more empowered in your life.
Women's Self Defense Seminar - Lakewood Dojo - January 2012
How Do I Get
Simple! You have five training options:
1. We do FREE community outreach programming during the year, these are the 2016 dates:
- June 25th, 2016 from 1-3pm in Lakewood, East
- August 13th, 2016 from 1-3pm at the Lakewood CSSD
- December 10th, 2016 at Greenhill School, North
Dallas (time and place TBD)
2. Private Group Instruction: If you don't see a time that fits your needs, then try one of these options. Get together a small or large group of interested people and we will set up a class for you at your own date and time! $75/person for a group of 10-20, or $55/person for a group of 20 or more. The program consists of a three hour intensive workshop. Women's Self Defense programs can be completed at our facilities or onsite at yours. Call us at 214-351-5367 for more details and scheduling.
3. Private Individual
Instruction: with one of our experienced Black Belt
Cost is $150/hour. 2-3 hours of training is recommended, typically split up into single hour sessions.
Call us at 214-351-5367 for more details and scheduling.
4. Corporate Programming: is available in conjunction with your employers HR Department. Corporate pricing is available upon request. If you are a charity or non-profit you may be eligible for reduced rates or even free programming, call to see if your group qualifies.
5. DVD training: If you are unable to attend one of our training workshops you can still get many of the benefits of this exciting program by purchasing a copy of our Women's Self-Defense DVD. This straight forward easy to follow video was filmed during one of our recent workshops and covers the 3 hour instructional program taught in our classes. The DVD covers: awareness, assertiveness, verbal confrontation skills, safety strategies, targets and weapons and the physical techniques (stand up and ground work) that enable someone to successfully prevent, escape, resist and survive violent assaults.
Free Women's Self Defense Seminar sponsored by city councilwoman Angela Hunt in conjunction with the Dallas Police Department & McGruff the Crime Dog! Held at Tietze Park in Lakewood, Dallas - September 2012
The Womens Self Defense DVD can be purchased with a credit card over the phone for $29.95. Just call 214-351-5367 to get your copy! Leave a message if one of our instructors in unavailable and we will get back to you shortly.
Womens Self Defense at SMU
We had a terrific turnout at the Womens Self Defense workshop at SMU on November 5th! Approximately 150 girls from various SMU sororities took part in the event and roughly 15 instructors from CSSD showed up to help out! In case you missed it, we appeared in the news last night on Channel 4, 5 & 8. We'll work on getting links to those segments up on the website so you all can see them. In the meantime, check out the group picture taken at the end of the event (roughly 1/2 the girls had already left to go to class).
Thank you again to all the volunteers who showed up to help make this event a success!