Women's Self Defense!
Dr. Chamberlain teaching self defense at Lake Highlands High School in Dallas, March 20th, 2013
DALLAS - Three women have been attacked in the Lake Highlands area of Dallas since February 22. Police now say DNA has ruled out a suspect in the first of those sexual assaults.
For the first time, investigators said all three victims were white women between the ages of 23 and 33. .
Officers also complained the neighborhoods where they're patrolling around the clock are very dark. Police urged homeowners to turn on exterior lights at night and report any street light outages to 311.
Neighbors fearing another attack are taking action to protect themselves.
A hastily-called meeting Wednesday night to update the public on efforts to solve these crimes became more of a self-defense workshop, with officers asking Nick Chamberlain, a self-defense expert, to provide techniques to residents for fending off potential assailants.
Some Lake Highlands residents said they're buying guns for protection; others say they are considering moving out of the Northeast Dallas neighborhood.
Earlier on Wednesday, Dallas police revealed that a man who had been suspected in a February 22 sex assault is no longer considered a suspect based on DNA evidence.
That leaves detectives wondering if they are searching for one man or three different suspects.
Dallas police are offering a free home security survey to Lake Highlands residents who want advice about how to harden their homes to prevent intruders. Call 214-671-0155 or 214-671-0160 to schedule an appointment.
Womens Self Defense at SMU
We had a terrific turnout at the Womens Self Defense workshop at SMU on November 5th! Approximately 150 girls from various SMU sororities took part in the event and roughly 15 instructors from CSSD showed up to help out! In case you missed it, we appeared in the news last night on Channel 4, 5 & 8. We'll work on getting links to those segments up on the website so you all can see them. In the meantime, check out the group picture taken at the end of the event (roughly 1/2 the girls had already left to go to class).
Thank you again to all the volunteers who showed up to help make this event a success!
See our Fox4 News coverage of the Self Defense Workshop at SMU on our video page! http://dallaskenpo.com/about-cssd/video-gallery.aspx
Self Defense Seminar for the Sorority Girls of UTA - September, 2011
Self Defense Program Information
Chamberlain Studios of Self Defense is committed to providing people with the skills they need to remain safe in today's modern world. Since 1981, our instructors have offered complete training seminars starting with introductory 2-3 hour sessions all the way to specialized 4-6 week programs. Our scheduled sessions at the Dallas Headquarters School are in January and just before school ends in May of each year. In addition, we have other opportunities for training (some free of charge) that come up during the year in conjunction with private groups and these are frequently open to the public. Further dates and information is available through our newsletter, for which you can sign up below.
Self-defense is a set of awareness, assertiveness, verbal confrontation skills, safety strategies, and physical techniques that enable someone to successfully prevent, escape, resist and survive violent assaults. A good self-defense course provides psychological awareness and verbal skills, not just physical training.
Self-Defense is more than knowing how to fight back against a physical attack. Participation in self-defense classes encourages you to think in terms of options and choices, develops your awareness and assertiveness skills and provides practice for physical self-defense techniques. A good self-defense class will expand the way you think about violence prevention, help you deal with your fears and enable you to feel more empowered in your life.
Women's Self Defense Seminar - Lakewood Dojo - January 2012
How Do I Get
Simple. You have four training options:
1. Join us for one of our regularly scheduled group sessions. We will post the dates of upcoming training sessions above, along with any additional classes that come up allowing open enrollment. The program consists of a three hour intensive workshop. The cost is $55 per participant or $75 for the family (mom, dad and kids under 18, with one DVD per family at this price). Our Women's Self Defense training DVD is included in the tuition cost. This is a program that all women should take and refresh on a yearly basis. Get your training off to a good start and join us for one of these important workshops.
2. Tuition: We do FREE community outreach programming during the year and will post the information here on our website, If you don't see times that fit your needs then try one of these options. Get together a small or large group of interested people and we will set up a class for you at your own date and time! $75/person for a group of 10-20, or $55/person for a group of 20 or more. The program consists of a three hour intensive workshop. Women's Self Defense programs can be completed at our facilities or onsite at yours. Call us at 214-351-5367 for more details and scheduling.
3. Corporate Programming is available in
conjunction with your employers HR Department. Corporate pricing is
available upon request. If you are a charity or non-profit
you may be eligible for reduced rates or even free programming,
call to see if your group qualifies.
4. Private instruction with one of our
experienced Black Belt instructors.
Cost is $100/hour. 2-3 hours of training is recommended, typically split up into single hour sessions. Call us at 214-351-5367 for more details and scheduling.
5. If you are unable to attend one of our training workshops you can still get many of the benefits of this exciting program by purchasing a copy of our Women's Self-Defense DVD. This straight forward easy to follow video was filmed during one of our recent workshops and covers the 3 hour instructional program taught in our classes. The DVD covers: awareness, assertiveness, verbal confrontation skills, safety strategies, and the physical techniques that enable someone to successfully prevent, escape, resist and survive violent assaults.
Free Women's Self Defense Seminar sponsored by city councilwoman Angela Hunt in conjunction with the Dallas Police Department & McGruff the Crime Dog! Held at Tietze Park in Lakewood, Dallas - September 2012
The Womens Self Defense DVD can be purchased with a credit card over the phone for $29.95. Just call 214-351-5367 to get your copy! Leave a message if one of our instructors in unavailable and we will get back to you shortly.